The workshop encourages innovative entrepreneurship and focuses on developing the behaviours and skills required to succeed in business. The sessions are designed to be interactive, inspirational and foster collaboration, as well as provide the opportunity to discuss methods of overcoming obstacles that are commonly faced when starting a new business.
- To develop the skills and behaviours of new entrepreneurs
- To validate new business ideas to encourage sustainability
- To create a robust business action & implementation plan
- To promote collaboration and a supportive network of entrepreneurs and mentors
We also talk about:
- Sources of Capital – All the options for funding your start-up. Join us to hear about corporate venture, angel investing, crowd-funding, family offices and venture debt. If you’re a start-up, scale-up or any business looking to raise capital – don’t miss this one.
About the Lecturer:
Senior Consultant – DWF
Ash has a diverse range of commercial skill with specific expertise in strategy, business development and entrepreneurship as well as consultative sales and negotiation. He holds a Bachelor of Science, Postgraduate Certificate in Biotechnology and Master of Philosophy in Applied Science from Queensland University of Technology. Currently he is undertaking his PhD on Strategic Management and Dynamic Capabilities at University of Queensland.
Ash has academic and operational background in scientific companies. He has successfully run his own businesses for the last ten years and has been actively involved in research and commercialisation.
He also has three years’ experience of working as a project manager. As well as broad academic knowledge and practical experience in business strategy, his background in science means he has particular skill in assisting biotechnology and applied science industry businesses.